Tuesday 13 November 2007

#51 - Volunteer for a Charity

A few of us at work have Volunteered with Red Cross to be Tele-cross volunteers. We are given an elderly person to call every day to make sure they are ok (i.e. alive) and also just for a bit of companionship as a lot of them don't really have any family or friends.

I've been doing it for a couple of weeks now and my Christine is the cutest thing I have ever come across. She can hardly hear me so just chats about what ever she wants, giggles at everything (almost like an elderly, female Dr Hibbert) and NEVER asks me anything about myself, which is quite odd when you've been speaking to someone every day for 2 weeks.

I'm not allowed to meet her in person but I imagine her to be something like this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She is British after all . . .

3 comments:

kit and nancy. said...

you are precious. so is christine. she's perfect. as are you my love. adore you so xxxx

matt said...

Aw, how sweet! :)

Ashleigh said...

i love that you're doing that! so sweet. you are amazing. X